The Citadel requires the following guidelines to be met for a course to be accepted for transfer credit:
- A course must be taken at an accredited institution.
- There must be a comparable course offered by The Citadel.
- A grade of "C" or better must be earned.
- Credit hour value of transfer courses must be equal to or greater than The Citadel course for which substitution is sought; however, credits transferred will not exceed those of The Citadel equivalent.
- Courses previously passed at The Citadel are not acceptable for transfer.
- Permission to take approved course(s) does not waive residency requirements at The Citadel, specifically:
- For students enrolled in the Corps of Cadets, one-half of all credits applied toward a degree must be earned at The Citadel.
- 30 of the last 37 hours must be obtained at The Citadel and these hours must be earned within 5 years of the date of graduation.
- No more than four courses and their associated labs totaling not more than 14 credit hours may be transferred for summer sessions. No more than one course totaling three credit hours may be transferred during Maymester.
- Quality points do not transfer, thus your GPR is not affected by courses taken at other colleges.
- A signed Transient form must be submitted to The Office of Registrar prior to taking courses at another college.
- The Citadel will accept no transfer credits earned while a student is on academic or conduct discharge or while conduct charges are pending.