Financial Transparency and Accountability
The Citadel is committed to transparency about the funds it collects and uses. The College is accountable to the students, taxpayers, sponsors, donors, and alumni it serves. Each of these groups provides critical funding necessary to meet the College’s mission-related responsibilities of teaching, research, and public service.
The financial transparency website provides the information for all tuition and fee revenue collected from students, and all expenses paid through the College's vendor system or with state-approved procurement credit cards.
Citadel expenses include spending from restricted funds, which can be used for specific purposes, and unrestricted funds, which can be used for any allowable expenses under state and college guidelines.
The College also has auxiliary departments that receive no state funding and must generate all of their own revenue. Examples include Athletics, Barracks, Bookstore, Cadet Store, Dining Hall, Faculty/Staff Quarters, Infirmary, Laundry, and Tailor Shop.
Spending by Month - Shows monthly payments to vendors through the College's checking account. Three years of data will be displayed beginning with July 2010 transactions. Monthly reports will be available by the 10th day of the following month. Reports are presented in a searchable PDF format and include the following information:
- Reference number.
- Check date.
- Vendor name: Name of payee. Employee names are redacted and replaced with 'Citadel Employee'.
- Fund: College funding source used to purchase item.
- Account: Description of type of expenditure.
- Department: College department that purchased the item.
- Program: Functional category for the expenditure.
- Purchasing Card Spending by Month - Links to the SC Comptroller General's website for purchasing card expenditures by month for each state agency. Select month first and then select state agency.