Program Educational Objectives
The Mechanical Engineering Program educational objectives prepare graduates to:
- Succeed in the practice of mechanical engineering, by ethically and judiciously applying knowledge of science, mathematics and engineering methods to solve problems facing a technologically complex society.
- Apply and operate current engineering and analysis tools and equipment to conduct and/or lead engineering analysis, design and research.
- Value and pursue lifelong learning, not only to keep current in the mechanical engineering field, but also to sustain awareness of engineering-related issues facing contemporary society through formal and informal opportunities.
- Pursue graduate education and/or professional registration as desired or required.
- Be principled leaders with strong communications and team-building skills to lead people, manage resources, solve complex problems, communicate information, and influence decisions.